Married, 6 children
50 years old
12 b avenue des Gobelins
Home +33 1 47 07 28 75
Cell +33 6 95 93 94 43
- 1992 Thesis at Nice University on the incremental evaluation
of attribute grammars
- 1989 Master's degree in fundamental Mathematics and Computer
Science at the ENS (Ulm).
- Courses on Programming UNIX, Prolog and lisp
implementation, Robotics, neuronal networks, database
implementation, memory management and garbage collection, general
software engineering, user interface conception and
- 1984 – 1988 Ecole Polytechnique
- The most famous public engineering school in France.
- Specialisation in physics: lasers, holograms. In maths:
catastrophes and bifurcations. Algorithmic.
- 1981 A-levels degree: Baccalauréat Scientifique
- Maths and Physics with German Russian and ancient Greek)
- 1980 English part of the HSC (Australian high school degree)
Senior Software Developper
20 years of working experience in Software
- 15 years of experience as CTO in several start-up companies.
I solve architectural problems, scalability problems, memory leaks,
presentation, security or structural problems.
- Expert in several fields of Web engineering: Java J2EE,
Spring, Hibernate, RichFaces and databases Postgresql, mysql,
Oravcle, DB2 and others. Experience in retro conception,
re-engineering, migrating infrastructures and data to the cloud,
Test driven programming.
- Having managed thousands of student projects as well as
professionals, good at organising people into a working team. Used
and taught extreme programming (DSDM, Scrum) but have also used less
- Having specialized in compiler tools, Good at migrating
applications from one framework to another, migrating from one
version to another and maintaining properly documented ascending
- 2,5 years as CTO for Ellegiance (CRM)
- Built from scratch the web application that sends a
monthly average of 10 million emails and 1 million SMS for some 50
clients, tracks openings, clicks, interfaces with GoogleAnalytics,
presents the Business Intelligence with HighCharts, a homemade ETL
to automatically synchronize our databases with the client's data.
- Achievements: a graphical scenario editor for piloting
email and sms campaigns with drag and drop features,
implementation in the Amazon cloud, implementing a complete test
platform with Hudson.
- 2,5 years as Senior Architect for NATIXIS (employed by GFI,
as a consultant) Java expert applied to B2C, IRC computation
- Built Zeperil, Pascalyzer and others, up to a total of 11
applications that are now regularly used by people in the Risk
- Achievements: computing the IRC (Incremental Risk Charge)
on 40 million scenarios in 5 hours with 2 computers only,
automating rules to match the positions between the financial
department and the risk department.
- 6 months as Senior Architect for NATIXIS (employed by Viveo,
Banking software editor) Expert on Swing, Sybase and Performance
- In charge of the R2M and RM applications. (R2M builds
reports from the analytical data computed by the risk analysis
software, RM is the tool used to evaluate VaR limits).
- Achievements include redesigning the whole process behind
VaR analysis (from the software to the human process) bringing
it's overall time cost to 6 to 7 hours instead of 6 to 7 days.
- 3 months as Java Expert for Barclays (employed by Viveo,
- In charge of performance issues, connecting the
application to legacy applications and coaching the junior
- Achievements include the ontime delivery of the online
banking and trading Web Application.
- 6 months as CSA for Tokuii (CRM software editor) in Kualla
Postgresql. In an English speaking environment, with a Chinese
- In charge of the reengineering of the whole application
Recruiting and coaching the development team.
- Achievements include the satisfaction of the first three
clients of the company.
- 3 years as CTO for RVR Systems (Risk management and internal
control software editor) Expert on JSP, Struts, EJB, Hibernate and
JDO. Functional expert on the business aspects of the application
(risk management, audit, internal control, Sarbanes-Oxley
compliance, sustainable development).
- In charge of the research and development team (6 people)
and building the team for deployment and tests (3 people).
Recruiting and coaching the operations team.
- Achievements include conceiving and implementing a proper
quality process as the company grew, migrating the software to
accept several types of databases, automating the database
structural migrations, migrating from simple Jsp-Struts-Java to
EJB, full internationalization of the application (including user
- 1 year as CTO for SupInfoPro and Professor of computer
science (and English) at SupInfo (a computer science school)
E-learning tools, change management, software engineering.
- In charge of 35 students/developers. Missions including
finding small sized contracts suitable for the team.
- Achievements include a partnership with Microsoft on the
.net platform which we tested and used for the development of the
E-learning tool until it became sufficiently obvious to everyone
that the product was not mature enough to be used. In a matter of
weeks, we migrated the whole framework to Java.
- CTO and Senior architect in several small companies
(Qualiope, Epizootie and StellarX among others).
- Up to seven small sized teams under my coordination at the
same time, management of outsourcing (an Armenian development
- Achievements include implementing genetic algorithms to
control msagents, incremental evaluation of decision rules for
piloting special offers in commercial Websites with external
constraints, generic modelling of IT elements for the generation
of glue code to include them in modern web applications. Languages
and tools include Java, CORBA, RMI, Mitrol (an archaic Database),
jdbc, J++, C++.
- 10 years as Professor in a software engineering school,
ESIEA (Conceived and presented courses including Compilers,
Functional programming, Java, Information Theory, Algorithms, Object
Oriented Programming, Software engineering). 3000 students. Regular
contact with software editors to find internship periods for the
- In charge of the pedagogical aspects of computer science
department. (Organizing meetings with all the teachers and
professors on the scientific content and the means to pass it on
to the students)
- 2 years of research at the INRIA. Incremental evaluation of
attribute grammars: building compilers and structured editors that
would compile code incrementally.
- Achievements include migrating FNC2 from a C base code to
lisp (for integration in the Centaur project), using attribute
grammars to replace Prolog in Centaur, using attribute grammars to
manage graphical user interfaces.
- 1 year as Aspirant and then Lieutenant in the french army.
Command of a platoon of three tanks.
Computer related Skills
- Programming languages
- Java Since the beginning, 5 years of teaching, 14 years of
intensive use. Gui programming with awt and then Swing. Migrating
to Java 7
- SQL and PL/SQL
- C, C++ 20 years of experience in C and regular use of C++.
I've also used C# but it's not my favourite language.
- Lisp 15 years of experience including teaching,
interpreter programming. I've used many dialects (Scheme, lelisp,
CLISP, MacLisp, emacslisp)
- Scripting languages: shell, python, perl
- HMTL XHTML XML/XSL/XSLT CSS.
- Postgresql and mysql are my favorite.
- Also worked with Oracle, DB2, SQLServer, Access.
- Operating systems
- LINUX I've worked with several versions. Nowadays, I use
- Test: Jmeter and WebLoad, Selenium
- IDE: Eclipse , WSAD, RAD and RationalRose
- Source Control: SVN, Git, RCS, SCCS and CVS
- Scripting: Ant, maven, make, perl and several Shells
- Editors: Emacs, Vi and Vim
- Web: Tomcat, Apache or NGinX
- Redmine, Bugzilla, DotProject and Mantis
- Hudson, Selenium and JUnit
Languages / Miscellaneous
- English: fluent (TOEIC 950/990) English mother and 1 year in
Australia / French: mother tongue (father's in fact) / German:
conversational / Russian: useless but still worth mentioning.
- Musician: piano (classical), fretless bass guitar (jazz and
a blues band), choir singing. As eclectic as it seems, I always find
pleasure in playing music with other people.